Dallas Small Business Insurance
Hiscox offers small businesses a new way to buy business insurance in Texas (and all other states except Alaska) starting at $22.50 per month either online or over the phone from a licensed agent in minutes. Hiscox specializes in general liability insurance, professional liability insurance (commonly known as errors and omissions insurance) and business owners policy.
General Liability Insurance for Dallas
General liability insurance, known as Commercial General Liability (CGL), protects your business from another person or business’s claims of bodily injury, associated medical costs, and damage to property. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Associated medical costs: A photographer is setting up their equipment to take the formal photographs for a wedding when the flower girl trips over a camera bag, requiring a trip to the emergency room and stitches. Your general liability coverage could cover the claim for medical expenses up to the policy limits.
- Personal injury: A marketing consultant posts on social media on behalf of a client. The post includes what is supposed to be a lighthearted reference to a competitor, but there is a typo in the post that changes the meaning. The resulting post is quite derogatory, and the competitor sues. The consultant’s client sues them, but they could be protected with a general liability insurance policy.
- Bodily injury: An interior designer invites a prospective client to their home office to review color and fabric samples. The client trips on the steps and breaks their arm. The designer has a general liability insurance policy which could cover the costs of the client’s injuries.
Learn more about general liability insurance.
Professional Liabilty Insurance for Dallas
Professional liability insurance, also known as errors and omissions insurance (E&O insurance), covers another person’s claims against businesses that provide professional and personal services. Some examples of what could be covered include:
- Negligence: An engineer specifies a ramp to be installed in a new building for handicapped access. The ramp is found to be ADA non-compliant and the building owner is fined. The owner makes a claim against the engineer to recover the fine. A professional liability insurance policy could cover the claim, up to policy limits.
- Protection even if you haven’t made a mistake: A personal trainer suggests a new exercise to a client. The client fails to disclose to the trainer that he had back surgery recently and the new exercise causes back pain. The client sues the trainer. A professional liability insurance policy could protect the trainer, even if they didn’t make a mistake.
Learn more about professional liability insurance.
Business Owners Policy for Dallas
Business owners policy (BOP) is a combination of general liability and business property insurance. BOP is often used to provide balanced coverage for small businesses who also want to protect their own business equipment. Some examples of what could be covered are below:
- Office insurance for business interruption: A massage therapist brings their massage table to a client’s office. While transporting the table, it is broken and needs to be replaced. A business owner’s policy could cover the cost to replace the table, up to policy limits, and keep the business up and running.
- A marketing consultant owns a large database of business contacts which they rent to clients. The consultant’s hard drive fails and some of the data is corrupted. A business owner’s policy could protect the consultant by covering the costs to recover the data.
Learn more about business owners insurance.
About our Dallas Hiscox Office
Dallas is the third largest city in Texas and arose to prominence from its historical importance as a center for key industries. This office is an expansion of our Southeast presence and handles all lines of business for brokers located in Texas. We are proud to offer business insurance in Texas and the surrounding Southeast region.
Dallas is the home of the largest urban district in the United States and features cosmopolitan accents you would expect from such a city. The Dallas Museum of Art and Morton H. Myerson Symphony Center are just two of the many artistic centers located here. The world famous Dallas Cowboys and Dallas Mavericks entertain fans from all over and have helped build a reputation for the renowned that accompanied this great state.
Hiscox Dallas Office
2711 North Haskell
Dallas, TX 75204
Get a fast, free quote now and get that Hiscox confidence behind your business, too. If you prefer, you can call us at 1-866-283-7545 and speak with a Hiscox licensed agent, Monday through Friday from 8am-10pm ES